If you are looking for the perfect vacation destination over the Thanksgiving holiday, you should consider New Mexico. In addition to planning festivities, you can hire an Albuquerque limousine or Santa Fe limousine service to take you around as a way of seeing the culture and learning about the state’s history.
- Holiday Pie Mania—You can start with a pre-Thanksgiving event held at Builders’ Source Appliance Gallery, which benefits a local food bank. There, participating chefs create signature pies for you to sample. However, the best part of the event is the pie auction that takes place later in the afternoon.
- The Nutcracker—For an extra special night out, you can take the Santa Fe limousine service to see Arabian, Russian, and Spanish dancers perform in the legendary Nutcracker Ballet. The performance includes circus performers, including an aerialist. At the end, more than 10 pounds of confetti falls onto the stage.
- Cathedral Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi—You can also go to midnight mass at this cathedral, which features New Mexican Spanish Colonial art influences, carols, and a warm gathering of people who are grateful for the current and future years.
- New Mexico Museum of Art—There is also an annual Christmas open house at the museum, where you will see a number of treasures. If you take the children, they will enjoy meeting Santa Clause, puppet making, Christmas carols, and refreshments.
- 27th Annual Winter Spanish Market—Your Albuquerque limousine can take you to this wonderful Thanksgiving event at the Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town to enjoy innovative and traditional Spanish Colonial art from more than 100 talented artists.
- Cliff’s Magical Christmas—Another fun thing to do over the Thanksgiving holiday is visit Cliff’s Amusement Park, where you can experience a magical Christmas environment. Literally the entire park transforms into a winter wonderland, illuminated by beautiful Christmas lights.
- Rio Grande Arts and Crafts Festival Holiday Show—You might also consider this event, where for just $7, you and a group of friends can spend time shopping for the Christmas season.
Whether you decide to spend Thanksgiving by touring around thanks to a reputable Santa Fe limousine service or using an Albuquerque limousine to reach different destinations in that city, New Mexico is a wonderful place to spend a vacation in the fall months.